ICF Coaching in English Group June Meeting
- ICF Japan Chapter
- June 19, 2022
4:00 p.m. ~ 6:00 p.m., with networking afterward
- Zoom (link sent to registrants on June 18)
Your Coaching Transformation with Points of You®
Presenter:Jennifer Shinkai, Ikigai and Inclusion Facilitator and Coach, ACC, Points of You® Master, ORSC Trained(https://jennifershinkai.com/)
“It feels heavy, like a weight around my neck.”
“I want to skip down the street like a child.”
As a coach, you are already aware of the power of metaphor and images in client sessions to evoke awareness. Using techniques based in phototherapy, Points of You® combines images, words, and powerful questions to open hearts, create a sense of belonging, and break patterns. In this virtual session, you will have a hands-on experience with the Coaching Game and a chance to gain new insights on your own coaching transformation.
Jennifer Shinkai, ACC and a Points of You® Master (Japan), regularly uses Points of You® tools in individual coaching, group workshops, and facilitation. In keeping with the Converge conference theme of “Transformation,” Jennifer will lead you through an introspective process using images, words, and powerful questions to explore your past, present, and future potential as a coach. This self-exploration will be followed by a discussion of how to bring the process to your own clients.
The workshop focuses on ICF Core Competency #4 Cultivates Trust & Safety and #7 Evokes Awareness.
At our meeting, we will:
– Experience the Points of You® Methodology: Pause, Expand, Focus and Doing
– Cultivate trust through the use of the Pause and open questions
– Learn how to look at a photo to evoke awareness
– Use the “Zooming In” Process to examine your own coaching transformation
– Gain new insights from breakout room discussions to expand your points of view
The Coaching in English Group is open to any coach or would-be coach of any nationality who uses (or wants to use) English professionally in their coaching sessions. Activities will be conducted in English. Please join us to meet other coaches working in English, earn CCEUs, and build a supportive professional community with an international flavor.
Coaching in English Group meeting dates for 2022: September 29, November 17
- ¥2,500 (ICF Japan members) or ¥3,500 (nonmembers). If you are a member of an organization registered as an ICFJ corporate partner, you may attend at the ICFJ member price of ¥2,500. Offer limited to two people from the same organization.
Special Note: Registration closes on June 18 at 5:00 p.m.
ICFJ members, take note:The Peatix form will ask for your ICFJ membership number, so please be ready to fill it in. If you attend the event as an ICFJ member, you must provide your membership number. You can find your membership number at the top of the newsletter you receive from the ICF Japan Chapter.
ICFJ corporate partner members, take note:The Peatix form will ask for the name of the organization you are affiliated with, so please be ready to fill in this information.